About 2-3 weeks ago my third toenail on my right foot seperated from the nail bed. A new nail has started growing. Now it's happening on my left foot, same toe. There was a little bit of a nail left at the bottom, so it didn't all come off but most of it did.
Does anyone know what causes this? As far as I know I'm healthy, I had a physical in April and everything was normal.
In the beginning of May I did have some sort of stomach virus (I actually think it was the samonella poisoning that they keep talking about, don't know if your immune system would affect that.
Do I need to go to a doctor? I kinda freak out when something abnormal happens and think the worst.
Thanks for your help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2008
Supporter
Hi
Hello and welcome to eHealth. I have never heard of toenails just coming off on their own, hopefully someone here will know what you are talking about. If this really bothers you, why not make an appointment with a podiatrist? I thinkg if it were me, happened to just the one toenail, I might let it slide, but you say is affected a toenail on both feet? Hope you find an answer. Please let us know!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....