I was wondering if anyone has the same issue as I do or just know what I can do. My left side is smaller and stiffer than my right side. I have been trying to find what kind of stretches or exercises I can do because I get toe cramps at times my big toe and the next to are so close together that the one in the middle will at times pop up and sit on my big and middle toe. It bothers me and others. I can't wiggle my toes like others and have to go out of my way to push my toe down which is uncomfterble as that toe is then squished between the two.

What can I do? Stretches or something like that my parents thought. I would ask a tharipist if I had one. But as an adult my cerebral palsy is to mild to have one.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. With cerebral palsy, such symptoms of muscle cramps and spasms are very common. Treatment is mostly supported with muscle relaxants and Calcium Vitamin D supplements. Physiotherapy and exercises will help. The asymmetry of your trunk and body on both sides is also an attribute of cerebral palsy and needs supportive care and postural rehabilitation. Consult your Physiotherapist and let them help you find the best supportive management and symptomatic treatment.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cerebral Palsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.