Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

tissues spread in blood, advised to treat with blood change?

User Profile
Hi sir.My friend is 26 now n he was diagnosed thyroid cancer before 3 years and had a surgery. He is an IT employee and continuing his job till date.In his last follow up, it was found that tissues had been spread in blood with 55% and he was advised to treat with blood change. I am so scared and i want to know about the prognosis and what can be done to prevent from further complications.Will there be any occurrence? Is there any possibility for complete cure? Kindly reply and thanks in advance.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2012
Thyroid Cancer Answer A37065
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the prognosis of his thyroid cancer without examining him and going through the investigations results. He should consider discussing about his recent reports and current status with an oncologist. Further management options would be suggested for control of symptoms and spread based on the examination findings and investigation results. He should be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/oncologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.