Hi

I have recently been feeling really tired and been falling asleep watching TV every evening.

It started a few weeks ago. I went to Australia to be with my new fiancee for around 8 weeks, during the last couple of weeks there I found that I was feeling sleepy watching TV at night, but didn't really feel tired as such

The day I was due to fly back I started with a cold, had a sore throat etc. The cold lasted around 2 weeks after I got back to the UK. Ever since then (around 3 weeks now) I have been feeling really tired, all day

I have been trying to do exercise to see if this helps energy levels but it just makes me feel more tired

I helped my brother put a shed up yesterday, and when I got home I noticed I had sore glands in my neck and groin, and I was watching TV and trying my hardest to stay awake, but I kept falling asleep

I went to my doc last friday, but he didn't take bloods as he had done them a few months ago

Since then my glands have been a but tender (neck, collarbone area, groin, back of knees) and i feel like I have a slight throat infection

any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

You might be having a bacterial or a viral pharyngitis.

Taking NSAIDs like ibuprofen , might help to reduce all of your symptoms.

Adequate rest, good hydration and nutrition will also be important.

If the symptoms do not subside or worsen, consulting a doctor for prescription of antibiotics will be helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.