User Profile
1. Acidic foods do very bad effect on your dental health. So eat less acidic foods and rinse your mouth after eating or drinking acidic foods/ beverages.

2. Don’t brush your teeth immediately after having sugary foods, acidic foods. Brush your teeth at least after an hour of having acidic and sugary foods.

3. Drink milk, water, sugarless tea and coffee instead of carbonated drinks.

4. Now I put very common but important point here. Always choose a soft brush and fluoride added toothpaste. Fluoride is very useful to increase your dental health and it can also reduce tooth sensitivity.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Genny1
|
Users who thank ethanhunt11 for this post: rolphellery 

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2013
Definitely Ethan I agree with your ideas. We should avoid acidic and sugary food to protect our teeth. My dentist always give me the same advice to improve my dental health. Your information is really helpful for me. Thanks.
|

replied July 19th, 2013
Thanks ethan.
I was not aware of the point 2.
Sugary foods and brushing immediately after that. That is helpful and i shall follow it
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Saliva protects teeth with protective calcium and minerals. All the tips given by ethan are really good and related to acidic erosion. I would also like to add several measures for protecting acidic erosion.
1)Drinking more water naturally protects your teeth from acidic erosion.
2)Try consuming sugar free gums this will boost salivary flow and reduce acidic erosion.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2013
Good that you felt the information useful..
Smile Smile
Happy to help
|

replied August 10th, 2013
I seem to have noticed that after eating a lot of fruit that I can feel the acid for many hours afterward, and that is after brushing a few times within that period. It seems to penetrate into the gum tissues. Sad
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2013
Yes Monul thats true..

Consumption of other drinks like coffee, tea, cola, red wine, etc. can also crack the Enamel because of the presence of acid in it. And as the enamel of the tooth gets damaged or cracked tooth erosion happens.

So prevent drinking excessive drinks like tea, coffee, red wine, etc. to prevent tooth erosion.
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....