Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Tiny white bumps near vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Alright so I'm freaking out quite a bit but I'm not even sure what this could be, hence why I'm here. Well I'm an 18 year old female and lately I have noticed tiny white bumps like near the lowest part of my vagina(near my bum). They don't hurt or anything they're a bit hard though. They look like tiny pimples. Originally I thought it was because my BF and I were a little too rough and I had somehow gotten scabs or something down there & they were healing. But I've been reading about herpes online and now I'm really scared. This has never happened before and when I had sex with my boyfriend one of my lips hurt (kinda stingy) during. When I peed it kind of burned. I looked down there with a mirror and the white bumps are going away but my lip still hurts. It seemed to be pink but idk if that's what vaginas are supposed to look like. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me I am near tears and in fear that it could be something bad.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A10378

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the small pimples on your vagina. Well from your symptoms they looks more like irritated hair follicles or folliculitis or boils rather than herpes sores. Herpes presents as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and till that time, apply warm compresses on the bumps and keep the area clean. Topical antiseptic treatment and topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment is very useful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.