I have restarted Zoloft after being off it for five months. After 3-4 weeks I started having ringing in my left ear as well as sinus pain. Was treated with anti-biotics(three different ones), prednisone and an oral steroid. Fluid behind the eardrum is gone, but still facial sinus pain. Most importantly, tinnitus is still there. Is is a side effect of Zoloft that would suddenly appear this time? I took it for many years with no side effects. Is is just a leftover from the fluid behind eardrum, too much ibuprofen from the pain in sinuses (I generally take 4 Motrin) or a new side effect? Will is go away? I am only taking 100 mg and used to take 150. The tinnitus ebbs and flows but gets worse when I get anxious hearing it. Was only in one ear but now sounds like it has spread to the other. No hearing loss is reported from a hearing test at ENT.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I am interested in hearing if this is the case. I too have re-started zoloft in the past year, and have had on and off hearing loss occurring in one ear only, often with a headache and no other symptoms. Does anyone know if this is normal?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....