Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Tingling,pricking all over my body

For the last week i have had this tingling, pricking feel all over my body(stomach,legs,arms,face,etc, not on my back). Does not seem to be caused by heat or cold it just comes and go.It does seem to be more noticeable in my inner thighs and stomach(maybe from the rubbing of cloths)?Seems to be not as much when laying down.Can just one or two pinched nerves cause this? thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am really glad to help you out. It can be due to parastehsia. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.