Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Time off from Work from a Lupus Flare

I have been off of work from a bad lupus flare for 21 weeks now. This is crazy and is the longest I've been off from work from a lupus flare since my diagnosis in 2002.

What was the longest time you had to take off of work from a lupus flare (ordered by your doctor) and how did your bosses and coworkers react/respond to you being off from a lupus flare?

Thank you for sharing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2010
Hi,

I'm 19 years old, and I was diagnosed with Lupus about 3 months ago. I immediately told my boss about the diagnosis, and I promised her that I would try my best and keep her informed. She was amazing about the whole thing, and even cried with me when I told her.
Unfortunately, my symptoms started interfering with my ability to concentrate on my work ( I was a dog walker, doing 2 hour hikes in the mountains everyday) so I had to quit. July 7th was my last day, and I felt really bad because I called in sick that morning and couldn't give my 2 weeks notice. But my boss, along with her husband, the co-owner ,were both so supportive! I was so lucky.
I haven't been back to work since, it's been over a month.
I really hope you can get back to work soon, and I wish you the best in fighting this!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lupus, diagnosis
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....