Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

time of the test coincides with the sense of swelling?

User Profile
Ma'am or Sir,
I had unprotected sex with aprostitute 4 weeks ago. I am aware of the various symptoms, or as aware as the internet permits. I also submit that I may have mind-tricked myself. That being said my main concern is what feels to be swelling in primarily my left armpit and occassionaly my right. I had an anti-body test performed and was negative yet I know 3 months is conclusive. The time of the test coincides with the sense of swelling. It isn't tender to touch nor do I feel any distict masses. Is it possible even likely to have active lymph node response at a time when there is a neggative result and further would my other lymphnodes also react? I will test again and wonder do I wait two more months or do the RNA by PCR test to place my mind at ease. Further is it a sign of something else or just excessive worry. Thanks in advance.
V/r
EBB

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A23123
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The enlarged lymph node, appearing as a swelling could be due to an unassociated skin infection, and not essentially due to HIV.

You might not be infected with HIV. This can be confirmed by a HIV duo test after 12 weeks of exposure.

That might be confirmatory.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.