User Profile
Since May I've been having problems with eating and I've been having a tight feeling around my throat.
I can only eat 10 products without my throat feeling really tight or without coughing for hours. My throat gets a bit thicker as well.
I keep eating the same food every day of which I know it is safe to eat. My body feels weak and I am tired all the time. I have lost about 20 kgs over the last couple of months. I have seen doctors but they don't know what is causing this. I have had allergy tests done but they were likely not showing allergic reactions.
It has also happened that food that was safe to eat all of a sudden wasn't anymore.
Next week I have 2 long flights coming up and the last time I was on a plane in June I felt an enormous pressure on my throat and I struggled to breath during take off and landing.
Next to all of this I cough a lot.It's a lot of mucus that gets stuck in my throat. I'm very worried about my flight and would love to get some advise what to do. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2018
Acid Reflux Answer A63252
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe its acid reflux that is causing feeling of something stuck in throat. You need to modify diet and lifestyle, be more active lose more weight to bring BMI below 25. Visit our GERD health center for further guidance.

Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Allergy, Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.