About 5yrs ago I went over on my foot badley, I thought I broke it,but the x-ray was fine and they gave me a boot to wear.A few months went by and there was no change so I had an MRI, but it was fine, I was told to get orthodics,but I never did (I wish I did). I still can't be on that foot for long, but last week that foot became so swollen it's like when you push in on it, it's like jello,my aunt said it looks disfigured as if I had a broken bone. I was just told I had a low thyroid,so i'm not sure what to make of it, does anyone know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
guitargirl79,

While having hypothyroid can cause swelling, it is very uncommon for it to occur in just one foot. The swelling is usually more diffuse.

But, it is also uncommon for a chronic injury to just pop up and produce a lot of swelling (actually pitting edema).

If you swelling does not reduce with compression (compressive stockings), you need to see your physician or orthopedic surgeon.

Wishing you the best.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....