Hi. I just had this kind of tests, TSH (3.8 uIU/ml), T3 (1.72 ng/mL), T4 (10.6 ug/dL) and Ultrasound of thyroid gland which results that my right thyroid lobe measures 4.0cm x 1.3cm x 1.3cm. And there is an echoic nodule at the mid-pole of right thyroid lobe anteriorly measuring 1.0cm x 0.8cm x 0.6cm. My left thyroid lobe measures 3.8cm x 1.5cm x 1.0cm, no nodule or calcification detected in left thyroid lobe. Coarsened and slightly echoic echopattern of both thyroid lobes seen. Isthmus is not thickened. And the conclusion is, coarsened and slightly echoic both thyroid lobes. And slightly enlarged right thyroid lobe with an echoic nodule as described. Please can somebody tell me or explain this to me? Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 18th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i want you to know that this thyroid nodule need further work up. It will need fine aspiration needle biopsy and if needed core needle biopsy to reach out the possible cause of the nodule. also thyroid uptake scans will be needed to find out whether this nodule is cold or hot which means whether it is taking more iodine or less. After a complete clinical correlation it will be decided whether it is a malignant one or benign. Hope for the best because most of the nodules in thyroid are benign and nothing to worry about.

Take care
|

replied May 7th, 2018
Experienced User
Thyroid nodules are abnormal overgrowths of tissue in the thyroid gland that are most often benign—but may be cancerous in some people. Some people have one nodule while others have many. Thyroid nodules may be solid tissue or filled with blood or other fluid.
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2019
Thyroid nodules are solid or fluid-filled lumps that form within your thyroid, a small gland located at the base of your neck, just above your breastbone. The great majority of thyroid nodules aren't serious and don't cause symptoms. Thyroid cancer accounts for only a small percentage of thyroid nodules
|
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.