Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

thyroid nodules symptoms almost the sames as fibromyalgia.

User Profile
I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia; however I also was told I have a nodule on my thyroid and enlarged bilateral lymph nodes. When I researh ymtoms of thyroid nodules they are almost the sames as fibromyalgia.

I also see that I have a mix and match of the symptoms of hASHIMOTO disease,hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism

1) tarted graying at 23
2( Heavy painful periods. Also have fibroids
3 gAINES ABOUT 100LBS IN 10 YRS
4) Fatigue
5) sleeplessness - can only sllep 2-3 hrs at a time
6) Frequent occurence of bowel movements or diarrhea(especially when driving)
7) Very fast heart beat

8)Concentration problems and mentall dullness

9) left wrist synovitis for 2 years

9) slightly enlarged left axillary gland (painful every day

Any ideas of what is going on

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2012
Thyroid Cancer Answer A36543
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Fibromyalgia usually presents with joint pain,bodyache and pain in the muscles,tendons and soft tissues.So the main symptom of fibromyalgia is pain.The complaints explained by you can be due to various possibilities.The thyroid nodule are enlarged cells and most of them do not produce any symptom.If they are large enough then press the surrounding structures and can present with hoarseness of voice and difficulty in swallowing and breathing.To confirm its nature some investigations as TSH level,USG Thyroid and FNAC are required.

Regarding the fibroid it is due to hormonal imbalance and even after removal they can grow back again and cause weight gain along with menstrual irregularities and painful periods.

It is difficult to give a precise diagnosis without a physical examination and investigations.But fibromyalgia does present with other symptoms as Irritable bowel syndrome,sleeping issues,memory and concentration problems,palpitations,headaches etc.
You can consider discussing with your health care provider regarding physical therapy and stress relieving methods as massage and relaxation techniques which help a lot.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.