Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

Thyroid gland measured 32.8 and I have swollen nodule

User Profile
My thyroud gland is swollen you can easly see it , just below my Adams apple, I've had blood test and the come back normal. I had an ultra sound scan and they said it measured 32.8 and I have swollen nodules that ranged from 9.7 to 15.6 any ideas very worried x

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 17th, 2013
Thyroid Cancer Answer A41635
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Thyroid nodules are common findings on the USG and more than ninety percent of the nodules are benign in nature. If there is any associated pain,sudden increase in the size and number of nodes,jaw pain, difficulty in swallowing then any underlying cause can be suspected. The best method to know the exact cause of this is to get FNAB of the concerned nodes. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle . This will confirm the diagnosis as swollen neck glands are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, cancer or metabolic diseases.

Kindly relax and visit a Physician for detailed examination and precise diagnosis.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.