Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

thyroid gland high triglyceride level

i have received a notice that my triglyceride level was tested to be quite high so i need help to learn something about this..... thank you so much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You question was what does the thyroid gland do. First of all it is the main fire in you body. I keeps everything in balance. People with over active thyroid tend to be very hipper actvice and under active people tend to be drained of streangh and can be overweight. You thyroid is the center of all you being. I have had thyroid desease since 1981 was treat for over active and then after treatment wound up going under active and have been on medication to up the level since. It is located just under your vocal cords and there are two glands. I now only have one. Case in point, it must be regulated on a regular basis by blood work. Then they can tell if you meds need to be increased or decreased.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Thyroid is one thing (and Carrie described it well), triglyceride levels are a totally different thing (amount of fat in your bloodstream, which you would need to fix through dietary changes) and panic attacks are a totally different thing! Which are you interested in?
|

replied March 31st, 2008
Experienced User
thyroid/pannick attacks
Its interesting that you bought that up georgia,the minute i found out i had an under-active-tyroid was the day i started pannick attack .....the two i am told can go together ! XXX PIP
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
well, actually the only reason I said anything was because you posted the question in the panic attacks forum, not the thyroid one! Wink
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Triglycerides can be high in hypothyroidism but most commonly cholesterol level are high. If triglycerides are more than 1000mg /dl then start fenofibrates.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.