Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Thyroid Cyst causing difficulty, Dr says no action?

I have a thyroid cyst, diagnosed recently via ultrasound scan. Thyroid blood test came back NAD.
I have depression, agitation, weight loss/gain, feeling cold and tired, aching joints, hair loss, brittle nails. Often these symptoms fluctuate.
I can feel the cyst when I swallow and find it difficult to eat dry foods.
Should i seek a second opinion, as the Dr has recommended no further action at this time.
Thanks
Debbie 48
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2014
Hello Debbie!

if the thyroid functions have come clean and the cyst is bothering. You can excise it. But the symptoms of weight loss and systemic ones like joint pains and psychological manifestations need to be correlated a bit before it. There is no harm in getting second opinion.

Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.