Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

thought lymphocytes would increase during a viral infection?

Hey everyone,

So I recently had a fever which started at about 2am in the morning.When i woke up i decided to go to the hopsital, where i continued to have a high fever and chills for the rest of the day. The next day i felt fine.

A blood test was done at the hospital and most of it came back normal, HOWEVER, my lymphocyte count was really low at 0.3 (normal range 1.0-4.0). My monocyte count was also on the lower end at 0.3 (normal range 0.2-1.0). My C-reactive protein was high at 16 (normal 0-5).

The doctors said that it was probably due to virus but i thought lymphocytes would increase during a viral infection??

Is this typical of acute HIV?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2012
Experienced User
hi there

did you have any risk for HIV Because you wrote in HIV forum,and do u have any other symptoms beside fever and rigors?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....