Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

thought it was folliculitis. no other symptoms

User Profile
I don't know if I have herpes or not. I thought it was folliculitis because I have no other symptoms except for itchy puss bumps in one area above my genitals in the public mound area. I've been putting antifungal on for 2 Days and seen no improvement. I have a pic if that would help but idk if I can upload one.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2014
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A49284
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Avoid self treatment. If symptoms have not subsided, consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider for thorough examination, evaluation, clarification and assistance. Further treatment options would be suggested based on your examination findings and evaluation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.