Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
User Profile
I am a 25 years old male with no health problems. I just repeated my lft recently to double check my bilirubins which came back higher (total 1.55, direct 0.48) in august last year when i had a routine annual medical examination from office. At that time, apart from the bilirubin my LDL cholesterol wad also higher upto 154 while all other liver enzymes, CBC, CHEST XRAY, CREATININE, FBG, URINE DR were very normal.

So after repeating my ALT is higher upto 51 ( last time 25u/l). Ggt is also 60 (last time it was 45). Bilirubin this time is normal (total 0.7, direct 0.2). All other enzymes are normal. So, maybe last time bilirubin increased was due to fasting but this time ALT increase has worried me. What could be the reason? Could it be same like a temporary increase just as i found in bilirubin. Any opinions will be highly appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2017
Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Answer A60317
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

An ALT / SGPT of 51 is not significantly high. You can relax as no further testing is required based on such minimal elevation. If it was 2 to 3 times high then viral hepatitis profile could have been considered.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.