User Profile
Before last week I have never really put too much thought into the recession...I knew it was there, but fortunately our life has not changed.....That is until last week...You see it was then they we passed one of the large seasonal businesses in our area...We looked at it and it seemed extra quiet...I mean this is open all year, but it depends upon the Summer recreation to make it go...We mentioned this to our son and he told us that the one near his employment which was on a smaller scale, had also closed down....Again I was shocked...This place had been in business for 40 years...Then he told us about the culprit...A new kid on the block who built an extra big building with all the bells and whistles to draw in all the traffic...He was within 2 miles of each of them...Beautiful place on the main highway....He, too, had now shut down...All in the course of this Summer....

Yesterday, I read where a 38 year old man had shot and killed his wife, 14 year old son and 8 year old daughter...He was self employed and couldn't find work...His house had been for sale for a year and he worked part time with only 40% of his earning...

They say that we are in recovery, but where is it?...I guess that I had to vent rather than shut my mouth...Now I feel better...At least I think I do..

Caroline
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2009
Supporter
Hi Caroline,

It is very scary. They say it is getting better because the stock market is doing a little better but the people who are suffering most are still suffering. People are still losing their jobs, restaurants are closing, and businesses are still shutting down every day. Also, foreclosures are still on the rise. Billions of dollars have been poured into banks and who knows where that money went or who pocketed it. Times are bad and it's very scary but I do believe it will slowly get better. It's just going to take some time.
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2009
all of the illegal immigrants have the jobs and all of their kids have the welfare money!!!!i feel better venting too!!! us as americans have to suffer cause we let these people in and establish a residence...they are living fat off the hog while we worry day to day how we're going to feed our kids and pay the bills...it's BS if you ask me!!! thanks for listening!
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You wouldn't do the work an illeagal immagrant does on a dare. Illeagal immagrants and their children aren't eligable for DHSH assistance or most other kinds of public benifits. If there is an illeagal immagrant somewhere taking something away from Americans it is not a real number in the ratio when you look at the amount of money AIG just pulled out of our pocketbooks.

Times are hard, its a recession. Things should be much worse but this is one of the better managed ecconomic downturns and in reality our economy isn't so bloated that it can collapse like it did in the 80's or 30's
|
Quick Reply