Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

"things will get better"? No one truly cares.

It hurts. I just need to stop the pain. No one cares about the problems of others. People are quick to say things like "it's gonna be ok", or "things will get better", but no one truly cares. Ultimately, they end up saying, "what a shame", but really feel superior, and that's one less miserable person in the world.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2015
Experienced User
Hey

This is depression talking. I know, I've thought about it million times too in the past. People kept telling me there's hope but they don't know what I'm going through. But in therapy I learned that the only opinion that counts are those of who truly cares. It's not that difficult to find out which one's are real and which aren't. It's vital that we focus on those that really matters and not on those that are just saying things out of pity.

On instances like this listen to your heart. People can feel it if other people sympathize with them. You just need to listen and feel. Don't abandon all people because you think everyone is fake. There are actually some people who care. And those people should never be taken for granted.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....