Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Thigh localized swelling and pain

About the first week in Feb. I saw a bad bruise on my leg and that night I noticed there was a swollen spot that was sticking out of my leg. It looked like a tennis ball was in my leg and was pushing on the skin and you could see the ball making the skin stick up and in the shape of 1/2 of the ball. This is just an example of how it looks. Trying to make it visualized. Well, anyway, it has also been hurting me a lot. It will hurt sometime after I have exercised or even if I have not used it much that day. It has been 3 months now and I am still having pain. I just went to the Orthopedic, b/c I thought it may be something to do with the muscle. He did an x-ray and found nothing wrong, but a hard mass he felt. He is sending me to get an MRI done. I am a little worried and just do not know if this sounds like something anyone has had happen to them. Should I be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2009
You are probably fine by now. But I am wondering was it a small bone mass there or a small tissue mass there that was round? It seems like it might have been removed by now right. I was wondering that? I hope you are doing good by now.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....