Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Thick semen and infertility

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
A little over a year ago i was ejaculating perfect thin watery and white sperm, about august of last year i started ejaculating thick, snot like mucous looking and feeling sperm, sometimes, it would just come out in a long tinged thick mucous hanging from the tip of my penis...I know I am not fertile its no way sperm is swimming thru this, i drink water all the time and am health conscious. No known conditions, ive always been able to squirt or shoot out sperm but now it is thick and cold and tingy. Should I be worried. There is no possible way sperm is going into my fiance after sex. Its still remaining with me hanging from my tip of my penis where ejaculatiion takes place. One time in a month there was a little fluid with thick mucous chunks like 3. But other than that it has been thick and cold. I do drink but not alot, I dont smoke or do drugs. My mother did die of cancer when i was 9. But no health probs for me. ...Please help me

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2010
Mens Conditions Answer A11524

Thanks for the query. The thick semen you are talking about would have to be subjected to a semen analysis to see if there is any infection in it, because during infection you do get such a mucous discharge. Moreover, semen consistency does not have any relation with fertility: it is only the motile sperm count that matters, however, if there is an infection, then that has to be treated. You should consult a urologist for the same.

Wish you good health.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.