Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

they told me I had a hiatial hernia.?

User Profile
Hello, I have had problems for the last year. I had a procedure where they looked down my throat and they told me I had a hiatial hernia. The symptoms am having are as follows. I had a massive attack the other day that convinced me it was a heart attack.(pain under ribs in middle) By the time I got to the hospital about 30 mins, it had passed, I opted to go see my family DR the next day. I was nauseated and did vomit a few times that night. The next day my Dr did an Ultra Sound on the G-bladder. It was normal, but my blood tests showed a urinary tract infection. I was put on prilosce, and an antibiotic. I have a Hida/cck scheduled tomorrow. I have not been able to eat much, the gas and the dizziness is crazy, also I have been constantly nauseated, and have a low grade fever with back pain(mild). I have right shoulder pain, that will not go away. Had the Dr check it a few months back and we chalked it out to playing the kids Wii. Also bloating So here I sit wondering. HELP.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2011
Gallbladder Disease Answer A21758
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am really pleased to help you. Any pathology which irritates the diaphragm is known to give rise to the shoulder tip pain. In your case, it could be the hiatal hernia. The HIDA scan will give us an idea about the gall bladder functioning and will help in ruling out the acalculous cholecystitis (inflammation of the gall bladder without the stones).

However, it makes sense to get an ultrasound of the kidney, ureter and urinary bladder done to rule out a complicated UTI. You need to be on prokinetic drugs (like itopride) to prevent the reflux of the acid into the food pipe. Please drink plenty of water to take care of the urinary infection. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.