Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

they say its just anxiety but...

User Profile
hiya i had a miscarrage 3 months ago, ever since then i have been suffering with constent headaches, shotting pains in my head, pain in my ears, muscle spasms, tingly feeling all over my body, and achy legs. i have been to my doctor, they said they pressure behnd my eyes was fine, and that my muscle reflexs were fine, but im so worried it might be a brain tumour, they say its just anxiety but can anxiety really cause all of this? and they wont send me for a head scan.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2011
Anxiety and Stress Answer A25254
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the headaches have started specifically after your miscarriage, then the headaches could be connected. Consider requesting for a neurologist opinion and go ahead with getting EEG and Brain MRI scan done to look for any serious issues. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. If symptoms are suspected to be due to anxiety, get started on counseling and medications as instructed to help with the symptoms.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.