Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

these 8 days of my missed period

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
At the beginning of the month (August) I started drinking post and pre-workout for the first time, and working out 5 days a week. I had unprotected sex 9 days before the middle of my cycle , but my boyfriend ejaculated outside (We always use condoms). After that 3 days before the middle of my cycle I had some bleeding but it looked like my normal period (bright red with some tissues it was a lot because I was wearing sweatpants and it went all the way to the chair I was sitting on)and then went away(that day I took a big amount of pre-workout unintentionally). The last two weeks of August I was under stress, I slept for less than 6 hours (some days none) , took a lot of caffeine, and I ate only once a day. It's been a 8 days today since I was suppose to have my period, I have missed my period before once last year for about 5 days, but never this long. During these 8 days of my missed period I have being having cramps and erect nipples everyday. Am I pregnant?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A59115
The extreme workouts and stress have caused hormonal changes within your body and hence this has resulted in your cycle changes.

There is no risk of pregnancy.

Your cycles will get normal in due time.

Take proper rest, have a good healthy balanced diet and sleep properly. This should help you have normal and regular cycles in future.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.