Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

the type of HPV that goes away on its own?

User Profile
I was tested negative for STD's 3 months ago before my Girlfriend and I became sexually active. She informed me(after the fact) that she had HPV and had to have a cyst removed from inside her due to the HPV. It is now two months after our first sexual contact. Today I noticed a very small wart on the underside of penis.in a slightly freaked out state, I did some more research and found that some HpV can cause warts and that most HPV's go away on their own. if this is a wart from HPV does that make it the same as Herpes? Will I test positive for Herpes since the is no test for HPV in men? Could this be the type of HPV that goes away on its own or more than likely the kind that I'll have forever? I am going to see a doctor tomorrow but I still would like as many answers as possible today so I am better informed heading into a DR's appointment.

Thank you for any help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2015
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A51565
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. Human papilloma virus is common ailment in Sexually active people. Just comments won't suffice. It needs workup and assessment and classifying the agent.

Seek a doctor and let them have a look. Most of the warts self resolve. Hpv 16 and 18 stays for long.

I hope it helps. Consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purposes only.

Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.