Medical Questions > Cancer > Thyroid Cancer Forum

the term "bone lesion" was used to describe one?

User Profile
Hi! I had a 2-year post-FNA thyroid ultrasound done recently. After the new ultrasound, it was recommended that 2 nodules have FNA (one is a repeat FNA).

I understand most of the terms used in the descriptions of the nodules and I understand there are features in both that indicate the need for FNA. (Microcalcifications, "internal marked hypervascularity", solid in nature).

However the term "bone lesion" was used to describe one of the nodules. I am unfamiliar with this term and can't find any information about it. Could you explain what a bone lesion is?

Also what is a multinodular goiter?

Thanks so much!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2011
Thyroid Cancer Answer A22521
Unfortunately, I also am unfamiliar with the term "bone lesion" in relation to a thyroid FNA!

A multinodular goiter indicates that the thyroid gland is generally enlarged, and composed of multiple benign nodules.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Thyroid Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.