Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

The Tebow Superbowl Ad and the Abortion Debate

User Profile
So by now I'm guessing most of us has seen the hoopla surorunding the ad before it aired and then the actual ad itself. Was the ad as bad as you thought it would be or was it worse because you knew what it was actually about?

Did it help the pro-life argument? Or in a twist of sweet irony did it help the pro-choice argument since the bottom line is Mrs. Tebow was given a choice in a country where no one else actually had one (abortion for ANY reason has been illegal in the Phillipines where she was at the time of her pregnancy for decades before she even got there and still is today)?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
I didn't pay any attention to it when they aired the superbowl for us Aussies. I don't care how many ads prolifers put out but I'd appreciate it if the people airing them would practice some consistency and fair play. If they're going to back out of their "no political commercials" policy then they need to open their doors to other groups and agree to let them have airtime, too.

Freedom of speech isn't a one-way street. What gets me is all of the prolifers that keep going on and on about prochoice criticism of the ad as if our side should be silenced and never allowed to speak up ourselves. They defend the harassment of women going in for a legal medical procedure with "freedom of speech" but they don't seem to think anyone else is entitled to the same.

On another note: THE SAINTS WON! Yahooo! I wasn't expecting it, to be honest, but I was so happy to see them win. They've had such a bad run and winning the Superbowl was a great triumph for them.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
Ok I gotta address this first, I'm a Cowboys fan so I was bitter about our superbowl balloons being popped by Farve and the Vikings but they were robbed. HOWEVER, As a Cowboys fan I root for the NFC every superbowl and this year the Saints were no exception. It was GREAT for their city to have such a comeback story and win it all, jsut wish they would have been able to do it without the controversy of the NFC championship game and all of those bad calls.

Now onto the thread...

The ad was harmless, didnt mention abortion once and if you didn't know it was an ad about abortion you'd think pro-choicers were pissed that some woman got on TV saying she was proud of her miracle baby and actually love him. Yeah I'll find a transcript and link for you if you want but the ad was so harmless it annoyed me. It felt like deception.
|