Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Fibromyalgia Forum

the start of arthritis in the spine? i'm so fed up!

User Profile
i have had sciatica for about 4/5yrs recently the pain was quite severe worst id ever had ,last august i got pains in back of ankles was toldimay have inflammmed tendons this pain has now been constant from the ankle to the knee front and back keeps me awake during the night and feels like my legs sweat and get hot,i have found freeze gel used by atheletes gives me temporary relief but it just does not feel that it is ever going to go away 6mths now,,my doctor asked if i thought this was related to my sciatica ?? i thought not as it started in the backs of my ankles,im so fed up with suffering pain of some sort over the last 5 yrs,tennis elbow,now golphers elbow,pain on the inside of my knees which did swell ok now, sciatica,now my lower legs,it has not been 1 elbow knee or leg but both, x-ray showed i have also the start of arthritis in the spine{last year} please my legs are driving me madim so fed up,thankyou

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2012
Fibromyalgia Answer A31944
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

From your history and symptoms, there is a possibility that this leg pain is due to sciatica. However other causes should be ruled out which include include disc erosion, tightening of the piriformis muscle due to imbalances in the hip rotator muscles, and pain from nerve injury (neuropathy).

Imaging methods such as MR Neurography may help diagnosis. Hence it is best to get it evaluated from an orthopedician. Osteoarthritis should also be ruled out as it can also cause such symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fibromyalgia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.