Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

the quesyness turns into anxiety quesyness...

User Profile
Hello. My period is some what regular (always comes within the week of the 28th day if not on the 28th day, very rarely a day or 2 before). i admit to having unprotected sex with my fiance using the withdrawal method and this only happens either if just had gotten off of my period a few days ago or going into the week that i am supposed to get my period. other times of the month i use a condom. well my week is here, my 28th day was on 2/24 and i still havent gotten it yet. My concern is, for about 3 days now, i have been slightly quesy on and off ( but i have always had stomach problems when i dont eat right and i havent been and also when i get stressed and paranoid about something) but i get so paranoid about things like this, that the quesyness turns into anxiety quesyness then i dont know what the heck is going on. Also starting today, for about a couple of hours now, i have had the red tenged cervial mucus like i am about to get it but nothing actually came down like a real period

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
Menstruation Answer A32122
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Withdrawal method of contraception is associated with highest failures. The symptoms that you describe could suggest pregnancy possibility if you have been sexually active without protection after finishing with periods (you are closer to your fertile days/ovulation time after finishing with periods). Wait and watch for your next periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. If periods do not start within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal periods, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately).
If pregnancy gets ruled out, and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider visiting your gynecologist to get started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after your periods). Be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact if you are not ready for pregnancy.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.