Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

The program which helped me to free from addiction

User Profile
HI all!

For many years, I and my family were suffering from my addiction. I was an alcoholic and did not hear anyone when was drunk. Hopefully, my wife helped me to start a new life and recovery. I was not a religious man, so 12 step programs did not fit me. That is why we chose LifeRing Secular Recovery program. The main idea is that everyone has “Sober Self” and “Addict Self.” After realizing these two and picking the Sober Self, an addict gradually become stronger and can fight back his desire to drink more and more. You can read about it and other similar programs on AddictionResource and choose the best fit.

Now, I'm happy that my Sober Self won over Addict Self. I freed of the addiction chains and can breathe chestful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....