The point system: Good or Bad?
I think it's great idea!!!
I don't think it's such a good idea.......
I don't care really
87%  87%  [ 7 ]
12%  12%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
do you guys think it is a good idea??

i think it is a great idea personally
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think it's a great idea! I think as long as it's objective and everybody is held to the same standards (members, mods, supporters) than it will be great.
What won't be very nice is if some people can continue to go around being nasty to everyone without any consequence and then someone else can't even defend themselves without getting in trouble.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think it is a really good idea too. I think it will keep people from being so scarcastic.. and maybe scaring off some new people..
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
i totally agree.... but about the mods who is going to dock them points? lol not like they ever will though cause we have some of the best mods here at ehealth....
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
what points system. where do people hear about these lol everyone keeps talking about new stuff and i never hear or see it lol
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
every one is being held to the same standards.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
I'm worried about everything I say now. I wondered the same thing that the OP asked but didn't make a post for fear of losing a point for questioning mods or admin. Sometimes we misinterpret what people are saying or offend without meaning to. I recently made a post about the C word and it went missing but my intention wasn't to be offensive. I guess I just worry about how these rules will be interpreted, especially for those of us who may have gotten on the bad side of certain mods.
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Ayrshire-lass wrote:
what points system. where do people hear about these lol everyone keeps talking about new stuff and i never hear or see it lol

It explains the point system on the top of every forum
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Initially, It Seems To Be A Good Idea
But...... with many of us, we do sometimes reveal little parts of our own lives and our daily struggles. The part about posting anything personal gives you a loss of one point.

I believe that takes away my feeling of being able to be open and honest.

Just my opinion.
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think they are talking about your address, email addy or myspace, facebook stuff. I don't think they mean revealing struggles or things like that.

Am I wrong?
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Supporter
I agree
I agree with Mommy35. If points were taken away for being personal...I'd be -275 in the hole. I think its wonderful we can be more personal as to share experiences, but not addresses, phone numbers, myspace....that is unless you and the other person agree upon exchanging your private information. I have met some wonderful people here.
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2008
Honestly, To Tell You The Truth
One of the ways I got through this HPV diagnosis was being on eHealth Forum. I have met some really wonderful, supportive friends. Honestly, you have pulled me through.

And, above all things, I talked to my former BF and realize that I truly did love him because I have no malice or anger only good thoughts for him. Guess it is love when you want the best for someone.

I cherish all of you and above all eHealth Forum. You will never know what that has meant to me. Right now, I am within normal range of HPV.

LUV

Bobbie
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2008
ah i saw it like just after i posted this lol.
im afraid about the cap lock lol
i think ive posted a few items with the name all in cap lock.

(that button Sticks)
|

replied March 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It's not the mods that decide who gets points added etc, it's admin, so there's no issue of 'mods with a grudge'.

Also, Roberta, don't worry! Like others have said, 'personal' means things like giving out your phone number and address not chatting about personal issues.
|

replied March 4th, 2008
i think its a good idea because it brings more order around here not that that is bad but i think it is a good idea. and if a mod does dock you points for no reason at all which i don't think any of them will because they all seem nice to me but go straight to the admin.. and they will help you out. i like the idea of a point system. it makes the people who are always rude either straighten up or get kicked out.
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
guys if you have any questions or concerns feel free to pm admin and express your self
|

replied March 4th, 2008
i don't i'm just telling you guys why i think it is a good idea lol
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yeah iknow but it seems like others do. so i just want to make sure that they know that they can ask questions if thy need to. and thanks for the support cassie k
|

replied March 4th, 2008
lol no problem dyan any time
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Smile hugs
|