Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

The love of my life is bipolar...

The love of my life is bipolar... We have been together for almost 6 years and been through a lot together. We are also recovering addicts, well, at least I am, as far as I know. There's so much that's going on, but right now I'm dealing with him being super insecure. It doesn't matter how much I tell and show him what he means to me, there's always this bug that messes with his head. Then the accusations start, and a fight begins. I try to be understanding but I'm only human and loose patients. And when he starts crying and getting loud, I get scared and don't know what to do. But where do these illusions come from? How do I deal with it? Is this an episode? I've been doing research, but there's so much to know, and everyone is different. I wish I can ask about every one of my experiences I've had, but its just too much... Does anyone have an answer to my current situation? It will be appreciated...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi brkyngirl: .What you are seeing is what you will probably see the rest of your life...Bipolar is a disease where there is no cure...There is medication to curb it, but it can be like a roller coaster...I wish I could tell you something else, but I can't...May I also add that this can be hereditary...Take care...

Caroline...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply