Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

4th generation came non reactive

User Profile
I had sexual encounter with a massage sex worker. There was bare genital to genital rubbing covered in soap on a plastic mattress. After we took a bath and had protected sex on the bed. Next day I noticed abrasion or you may call it scratch on my inner thigh /groin area which was looking red but it was not bleeding but it was red. It may be caused by her intense rubbing of her small pubic hairs .So that must be reason.
So is there any risk involved due to cut/abrasion while genital rubbing and may be some fluid of her touched my scratched area of which I am not sure.

got tested at 33 day test mae was 4th generation and it came non reactive . please tell is this enough ?...really scared

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2016
HIV and AIDS Answer A57404
Welcome to e health forum.

First and foremost, You need to know that Sex with every person does not cause HIV. Even in case a person has sex with a infected person, the chances of contracting the infection would be as follows.
Risk of acquiring HIV are as follows:

A. Female-to-male transmission is 0.04% per act and
B. Male-to-female transmission is 0.08% per act.
C. The rate for receptive anal intercourse is much higher, 1.7% per act

Using protection in the form of condoms during penetrative vaginal sex and or oral sex, helps to prevent possible infections, and hence the risk is reduced. But in case the condom is not used properly or it breaks during sexual activity, the risk of infection would be high (if the partners are HIV infected).

Hence in your case, with your encounter being protected, your actual risk of being infected was low. Once the 12 week test for HIV comes out negative, you can rest assured that you do not have HIV infection.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.