Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

4th Gen ELISA negative at 28 days followed by flu symptoms

I had protected oral and vaginal sex with a high risk female with unknown status. Some vaginal fluids on my hands but I believe skin was intact. I got a negative ELISA (antibody+antigen) result at 28 days. Also negative on a panel of common STDs.

From Day 28-30 I developed low fever (99.8F), joint and muscle ache, slight irritation in the throat, and headache. Day 31-32 Sore throat only; aches and fever disappeared. Day 33-36 cough only.

My question: While I will get tested again at 12 weeks, is there any advantage of getting a repeat test at 6 weeks for peace of mind? I do not know how p24 antigen levels peak relative to the onset of ARS symptoms and am worried about false negatives in the first test at 28 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
you used a condom for a reason...PROTECTION
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....