Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

13th day, egg is not ruptured. Should can i take HCG again?

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
User Profile
Hello, I have regular period. I done follicular study in last month. 13th day i put HCG 5000 units injection. But not yet pregnant at last month. Now this month also i doing follicular study. today is my 13th day, egg is not ruptured.I was continuous this treatment last 4 month .Should can i take HCG injection again ? or suggest any treatment of my pregnancy.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2012
Infertility Answer A41043
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Sometimes, the use of insulin modifiers in conjunction with HCG trigger injections can help with ovulation or ovarian response (consider discussing about this option with your treating doctor/gynecologist). If all these fail, ovarian drilling can be tried to see if ovaries respond with ovulation (exact mechanism of action is still unknown as to how ovarian drilling helps with ovulation). If required, or if 3-5 cycles of conservative treatment fails, option of IVF or ICSI should be considered to help you get pregnant. Consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician for further evaluation and assistance and be in regular follow-up and monitoring as instructed. Have diet with foods rich in zinc content to ensure better maturation of egg and sperms. Monitor cervical mucus changes and the BBT (basal body temperature) charting to predict your ovulation and time your intercourse for having fruitful results. Have intercourse in positions that allow for deeper penetration for high deposit of semen. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.