Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

testosterone level is very high-possible to use allopathy?

User Profile
I am married since three years I suffer from polysistic overy disease. We consulted an infertility specialist. I was put on medication followed by IUI(Intra Uterine Insemination) but it failed two times. I was told that my male hormone level ( testosterone) is very high(4.2) and hence I was put on medication Glycomet Dexona and Rantac for six months. Earlier my menstrual periods were irregular and later on periods are not regular without medicine. Is it possible to solve this problem through allopathy? Which medication is more appropriate to cure this disease or hormonal imbalance. To regularise menstrual periods naturally what should I do ?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2011
Infertility Answer A27590
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Be in regular treatment and follow-up with your treating gynecologist/obstetrician. Report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Consider discussing the underlying cause for the failed IUI’s. Go ahead with hormonal supplements and options IVF/ICSI for pregnancy. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infertility , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.