Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Testing for sexually transmitted diseases

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
4 years ago a was sitting on the toilet and out of nowhere started releasing a clear white fluid from my mouth i do remember being so out of it at the time ( fatigue) the next day my thighs were on fire itching and scratching my sign where it left bruising, a year later i started experience neuropathy it was so severe i could barely walk and the my thighs we inflammed again. i notice a patch of small bumps inside my inner thigh that were hard and painful. over the course of the next year i started seeing white patches along the side of my inner cheeks that came and left, and also ulcers inside my lower lip. until this day i experience sharp pains all over my body. went to hospital and they took blood and did a mri and could fine nothing. help
mom my told me back in 2006 i had two cousins that died from hiv and they both released a clear liquid from their mouths. help 3 years ago my ex-boyfriend had the same ucler in his mouth like mind, he said he never had one before

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2009
HIV and AIDS Answer A6208

According to the data you reported you might be experiencing a sexually transmitted disease. You might want to have specific tests for the most common sexually transmitted diseases. A swab from the ulcers might also be helpful.

Once the swab shows what causes this condition, adequate treatment might be given.
HIV infection can not be ruled out without further tests, because of lack of data.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.