User Profile
I've been to many doctors & they all say the same thing,'There's something wrong,we just don't know what it is'.Had gastric bypass 12/06, gall bladder,a 4centimeter adrenal tumor & my left adrenal gland removed 9/07.Had hypothyroidism for 10 yrs.Since my bypass, had hypoglysemic spells at least 3xs/wk, between 29-59.Take many vitamins, levels are checked regularly & are normal.Since my bypass had 3 episodes of passing out, disorientation, slurred speach or ability to speak at all & the ability to move my limbs.Once in the ER, they can't find anything.Within a few hrs it seems like I'm fine, just worn out from the episode & literally crash for hrs.When I wake up feel like I've been drinking heavily/with hangover.Have a headache most of the time, recently had an MRI w/contrast & report came back as possible MS.Have irregular bm's,tingling in my limbs & feeling that rain drops hitting my skin, dr mentioned TaTa hallucinations,whatever those may be.Any ideas/suggestions will be appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2009
Multiple Sclerosis Answer A6747

The symptoms you reported (episodes passing out, disorientation, slurred speech) might be relates to cognitive impairment. The irregular body movements might actually be muscle spasms and the decreased ability to move limbs might actually be muscle weakness. The tingling in the limbs might be paresthesia (inadequate sensation where the source of the sensation is often missing).

All the above mentioned might be found in multiple sclerosis as symptoms. Given the fact that the results from the recent MRI with contrast indicated a possibility of multiple sclerosis, the chances that you might be suffering from this disorder are higher.

You might want to talk to your neurologist or ask another opinion about these symptoms. Other tests such as evoked potentials and a test of cerebrospinal fluid for oligoclonal bands might be needed. However, multiple sclerosis is a diagnosis that has to be given only after other possible conditions have been ruled out.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Multiple Sclerosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.