Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Forum

Testing and treating adrenal gland dysfunction

User Profile
CFS or Adrenal Syndrome?? See current medical condition below.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2009
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A7215
Pain itself can cause "chronic fatigue". In my office I check adrenal activity in a very simple manner. The first test is called Raglands Test, and measures blood pressure sitting and then standing. The pressure should rise 5 points upon standing to get the blood from your legs to your heart and brain. If it does not go up, or if it goes down then that suggests adrenal insufficiency. If you get dizzy or lightheaded when you stand up this is one indication of adrenal fatigue.

The other test is the paradoxical pupilary response. You shine a light into the eye and the pupil should stay constricted for 45 seconds. If it does not, or if it fluctuates, this is another sign of adrenal gland dysfunction.

Usually what I do for adrenal gland dysfunction in patients is give them 2 supplements. One replenishes the glands nutritionally, the other is an herbal component that helps the glands to respond better to stressors. Good Luck!!

Antonio Marotta, D.C.
http://marottahealthandwellness.com

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.