Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Testicular/Penile Size+Fertility Concern

User Profile
I have had some loss of testicle size in both testicles. I am a 22 year old male. I use Androgel for hormone replacement therapy for primary hypogonadism/primary hypotestosteronism. I am on several medications for mental health for ADHD, Anxiety, and for sleep (off-label). I use Ativan (up to 1 mg) for social anxiety/GAD. My testicles have shrunk to maybe 2/3 of their original size or possibly even 1/2 of their original size. I am looking for ways to increase not only my testicle size naturally/safely but also am concerned about possible fertility issues when I'm older as my dad had issues with fertility (may be genetic). I am worried that there may be something going on from the Androgel or psychiatric medications. I am on Vistaril (up to 150 mg), Ativan 1 mg as needed, Vyvanse 50 mg, and Dexedrine 10-20. I also have OCD diagnosed.

Besides the psychiatric things, I sometimes take HCTZ (up to 25 mg) for hypertension as well as melatonin at bedtime (up to 20 mg). I also have a melatonin supplement with herbals in it. I have worked to cut the melatonin down to no more than 10 mg a night and the Hydroxyzine is sometimes 100 mg, but I'm still using 150 mg semi-frequently.

Is there anything I am taking medicine-wise that could hinder my genital/testicular size? I am so young to be worried about fertility things, but with my dad's history of that, I want to do everything I can to be able to have kids when I am older+ready.

I don't have a girlfriend or have had any sexual activity for coming up on probably 3.5 years (give or take). I have never had any STD's. My doctor did a testicular exam several years ago and said I was fine and had nothing to worry about (this was maybe 4 years ago or possibly 5 years ago).

I have had low testosterone and even some penile shrinkage with Androgel.

My diet is high in protein as well as healthy and unhealthy fats. I do not have all that many carbohydrates in my diet, but occasionally have high carbohydrate snacks/meals although not exactly frequently. I am also hypertensive and usually run in the 140/85 range from being overweight (around 185 pounds). I'm a short guy at 5"7 or so, but am trying to keep weight down, too.

This is about the best I can think of to mention. I'm trying to provide as much info as I can to help. What could be going on here? For exercise, I do a lot of cardio activity and some lifting (maybe twice a week, with usually 3-4 days of cardiovascular work).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be normal. I would like to inquire about the exact volume of your testicles??
Normal volume is 12.5-19.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicles , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.