User Profile
Ok so this is a very sensitive subject for me, so I hope everyone will be kind. When I was born, both my testicles were undescended. I had the surgery at a few months old to fix this, but they never developed to full size (they are 1/4 to 1/2 the normal size). I am 22 now, and they are a huge insecurity for me. Now I know it is usually the case that testicular implants are given to those men who have a missing or removed testicle. I was wondering which of the following options is the best according to everyone's experience and/or educated guess:

-Have them add the implant w/o removing. (doctor said it may look weird when I was younger and not fully mature.)

-Have sperm (provided I have any) frozen for fertility reasons, and have them removed and get the implants.

-Ask if there is an implant that encompasses the testicles I already have.

-Do nothing.

PS: I have already tried HCG.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 5th, 2015
Experienced User
Hey, sorry no one has answered your questions yet. I'll give it a try, but I'm no Dr.

My best advice would be to first have a sperm test done to see if you are making good sperm or not, and how many and how active and able to impregnate. Now there are simple mail order sperm tests that you can buy and do at home and then see if your sperm count is normal or just call Dr. offices and labs nearby to find a place to get one done for a reasonable cost to you. To get medical insurance to pay you usually need a medical problem, such as formerly undescended testicles or undersized now, check with your insurance before the tests for when they will pay or not. Usually a letter from your Dr. explaining the medical necessity helps get insurance to pay.

At 22 yrs old you should be entering into your prime sperm producing years now and fully functioning. So it'd be a prime age to freeze and store your sperm too if needed.

I'd also have a testosterone level in your blood tests done to see if you are producing normals amounts of male hormones.

Assuming your sperm and hormone productions are within the normal ranges for your age, then you're fine, and no further action is needed at all if your testis are functioning normal.

If the tests come back with lower than normal sperm or hormones, there are some prescription drugs that can be used to stimulate your testis to wake up and work harder. Other tests could be done to find out why they are not functioning at normal levels. Each possible problems has different cures and treatments.

If your sperm count is less than normal or in question, then freezing and storing your sperm at your age would be a good idea as your own life insurance for later years if you have future troubles or fewer sperm in the future. No harm in storing extra sperm in your youth, it just costs to store it. Google sperm banks and sperm storage to gets costs. It can be done from home now, frozen, and mailed into the sperm banks.
|

replied March 5th, 2015
Experienced User
The very last thing I'd ever do is to have the testis removed unless they were an immediate health hazard to you. If they simply don't work fully or even not work at all, I'd keep both of them. Once a real problem or threat develops, you could then decide to have them surgically removed AFTER a problem is fully proven to exist, not just the chance of a problem some time in the future.

The implant idea is a good one if you just can't get used to their current sizes. Implants have their own risks and pros and cons (see forums here on implants and do internet searches on them too).

I'd keep my real testicles for sure and just add implants in one of the more outer layers at the very bottom of your scrotum to keep them and any infections separated from your real testicles held inside more inner sacks of tissues. I'd only have any cosmetic implants added to the outer layers of your scrotum, not inside in direct contact with your retained natural testicles. The implants would likely irritate your real testicles and cause pain in movement and rolling around bumping the real ones. You have multiple layers and two separate interior enclosures inside the scrotum to prevent infections or damage from harming both testicles at once and to keep them separate from harm. I'd use the outer layers at the bottom of the scrotum to keep them separate and reduce the chance of infections or often colliding inside one chamber.

Removing the testis may destroy any smaller and less known or tested hormone output or other helpful functions that your real testis might still be providing for you. I wouldn't be in any rush to have them removed at all unless they threaten your immediate health.

As for looking strange in having four testicles after adding two implants, who would notice? If your own testicles are so noticiably small, then the implants are what people would see. All men have one large epididemas structure on the outside of each testicle anyway and no one notices it or how big those are. Your real testis would just look like big epididemas on top of each larger implant installed under your real testis. People would have to look really close and hard to see anything but one full and impressive scrotum to count how many you have. The scrotum is so hidden behind the penis, groin, and hair that its very hard to see what is inside unless you're a nudist or naked in a hot sauna with your testis and scrotum hot, fully relaxed, and hanging low in extreme heat. Most males are afraid to even look at another males genitals in public for fear of ridicule for checking out other men's sex organs. Fast sideways glances don;t let people see much of what's behind your penis in any case.

Few people will ever notice what is inside your scrotum in showers or locker rooms. Many men have two very tight and high hanging testicles that hardly hang down at all and are very hard to see at all in showers, locker rooms, or saunas. Most people will just think you have high hangers instead of low hanging testicles and assume you have two.

Women hardly care at all since they are rarely "into" men's testicles or scrotums during sex or in how a man looks to them. You wouldn't care if a woman had small or missing ovaries inside her body except maybe if it was a real problem when having kids together.

Good luck, i hope this helps you.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2015
Well it's a little late now haha. I had the surgery 2 weeks ago, had sperm frozen, and couldn't be more pleased.
|

replied March 5th, 2015
Experienced User
Sorry to hear that. I just found this website to research my own testicle troubles on here a few days back. What did it turn out to be for you? They must have decided both were not working I guess huh? How was the surgery ouch !!!! Are you healing up pretty good now? That's rough to have at your age. Good thing you froze some sperm and covered that for the future. good thinking on that. Are you getting replacement male hormones now? did you get any implants? What a thing to go through at your age.
|

replied March 5th, 2015
Experienced User
Maybe telling about your own experiences and solution and what happened will help the next boy or man who is having the same troubles in the future and he can read how it went for you on here in the future to help him decide what to do. Same with my comments hopefully. Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2015
I've been taking testosterone supplements since I was around 14. I made none, so I had to use them to start puberty, and will have to take them for the rest of my life. I felt emasculated and insecure because of my testes, so they serve both a cosmetic purpose, and the removal of my natural testes were to prevent testicular cancer. It was a good decision overall. The pain was not too bad to be honest.

Thanks for your concern! They are a good way to go.
|

replied December 4th, 2015
Hi guys!

I had an implant put in just short of four weeks ago (so i never had a testicle in that side). Mine also rides high and feels like an egg under the skin. It also pulls on what the urologist say is scar tissue which feels like a cord or a string on top of it which is quite painful.

What are your experiences? Did your stop hurting and fall into a more comfortable/natural looking position?

Cal
|
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...