Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

Testicular cancer diagnosed

I'm a 42 year old male with no history of cancer or any high risk factors. 6 days ago I went to my primary care physician because of a very hard and somewhat sore testicle that I had noticed just a few days before. Ultrasound showed a mass in that testicle and some vague slight aberration in the other, but all blood work including those looking for specific markers, EKG, chest x-ray, TB test, and CT scans of chest, pelvis, and abdomen came back as normal. Today I had an additional ultrasound done because the hard testicle with the mass is not as hard now, less swollen, and not sore anymore. Also, the aberration in the other testicle has somewhat cleared up. My doctors still want to remove the testicle with the mass - the surgery is scheduled 5 days from now. I know they want to be on the safe side, but part of me feels that they just don't want to change the course toward surgery they are on regardless of any changes in the testicle at this point, mainly because cancer was officially stated as a possibility at the beginning and they don't want to be liable by not going ahead and removing it. If I feel in the next 4 days that the testicle feels totally normal should I request another test of some sort to see if the mass is gone and postpone or cancel the surgery? Or just go forward with the surgery regardless of the symptoms disappearing with the chance that it's totally unnecessary and the mass was just some sort of infection or something that cleared up by itself? Your thoughts? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2010
Unfortunately, as I am not able to examine you or your medical records, I cannot give you any specific medical advice. If you believe that these issues with your testicle are improving, then you should talk to your Urologist about your concerns (if you are not satisfied with his/her responses, then you can also request a second opinion).

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.