I'm 52, I discovered a bottle cap size lump under (but not attached) to my left testicle. It's been there for months. But now it seems to be getting bigger and recently painful. Is it just a cyst or should I be more concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Lumps on testicles need to be evaluated . Mostly it's the appendix of this testicle and the lower part of testicle which may be mistaken for the lump. Consult your doctor and let them examine the testicles and see how it goes. You get a scrotal ultrasound and examination to rule out the possible cause.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.