if i get tested a couple days of having unprotected sex and the clinc says i have to wait 2week for my results, will that still provide a accurate reading? and also if i was to take a chlaymdia test after 10 days would that provide a accurate reading?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Think of testing as a snapshot. Depending on the disease you're at risk for it would be a snapshot of your immune system some 2-4 weeks prior to the test as it takes some time for your body to produce the antibodies that the test will detect. Sexual activity in the days closer to your test may not be reflected in the results you recieve.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....