Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Test result confusing, symptoms worsening,

User Profile
Hello,
From a vaginal protected sex i had with a girl of an un known hiv status, mine has only been freaking out all these past four months.

on March 12, 2012 I had sex with a girl I didnt really know. we spent a night together, having sex three times but with condoms at each. we had kissed for about 10 minutes before and I remember having touched her vagina with my fingers but with no real penetration. I also took off condoms with my hands, seeing they were not broken.

A week after that scenario, I started having symptoms that I read on the web were HIV symptoms. It all started with a burning upper back pain, pain in shoulders, coldness, loss of appetite, unusual sensations/pain on the body especially arms, legs and abdomen as well.

The above symptoms i never had them before the incident, they have been showing on and off. I had decided to test comes three months. after 116 days, i took an HIV test that came back negative. The Doctor said they use an hexagon rapid test for HIV 1 and 2. I knew nothing about this kinda test, and symptoms are today at 120 days getting worse, making me to doubt the accuracy of the used testing.

I am experiencing a severe burning back pain, burning low abdomen pain accompanied with diarrhea and an overall body malaise, losing badly weight.

I ve been long but thank you for your time to go through this as i appreciate your help. My worries are these:

1. If the testing was accurate, why do you think all these symptoms have to appear after the incident that I thought was protected?

2. Then if its not HIV then, It gotta be sthing else serious as am trying to get this sorted with Doctors with no real improvement

3. What Do you know about this kind of test? I ve read the manufacturer is in Germany and it is probable that it is the most used in my country.

Thank you for your time
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper akar84
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2012
Re: Test result confusing, symptoms worsening, help.
Parica wrote:
Hello,
From a vaginal protected sex i had with a girl of an un known hiv status, mine has only been freaking out all these past four months.

on March 12, 2012 I had sex with a girl I didnt really know. we spent a night together, having sex three times but with condoms at each. we had kissed for about 10 minutes before and I remember having touched her vagina with my fingers but with no real penetration. I also took off condoms with my hands, seeing they were not broken.

A week after that scenario, I started having symptoms that I read on the web were HIV symptoms. It all started with a burning upper back pain, pain in shoulders, coldness, loss of appetite, unusual sensations/pain on the body especially arms, legs and abdomen as well.

The above symptoms i never had them before the incident, they have been showing on and off. I had decided to test comes three months. after 116 days, i took an HIV test that came back negative. The Doctor said they use an hexagon rapid test for HIV 1 and 2. I knew nothing about this kinda test, and symptoms are today at 120 days getting worse, making me to doubt the accuracy of the used testing.

I am experiencing a severe burning back pain, burning low abdomen pain accompanied with diarrhea and an overall body malaise, losing badly weight.

I ve been long but thank you for your time to go through this as i appreciate your help. My worries are these:

1. If the testing was accurate, why do you think all these symptoms have to appear after the incident that I thought was protected?

2. Then if its not HIV then, It gotta be sthing else serious as am trying to get this sorted with Doctors with no real improvement

3. What Do you know about this kind of test? I ve read the manufacturer is in Germany and it is probable that it is the most used in my country.

Thank you for your time
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2012
Re: Test result confusing, symptoms worsening, help.
Parica wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your time
|

replied July 16th, 2012
hi

protected sex is safe and idont know who said to you that you have to test for HIV.
Test after 12 weeks conclusive so even you had unprotected sex dont worry.
if you still worry about HIV try to see psychiatrist.

regard
|
Users who thank akar84 for this post: Parica 
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....