Lately, things have been pretty crazy. Final exams started today, for about the last week I've been studying for them diligently. But during midterms, and any other quiz/test/exam for that matter, I get really nervous. I studied for my exams for 5 hours last night, and ended up having a terrifying anxiety attack. This morning, before the test, it got to the point where I couldn't breathe, my hands were shaking uncontrollably, and I felt as if I was going to throw up. I don't know how much longer I can cope with this, since I know I'm prepared for the tests. What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 14th, 2010
Supporter
It certainly does sound like anxiety. What kinds of grade are you getting in classes? It sounds like you are a very good student. Until you can see a doctor which I recommend, since it seems like these exams are causing you much stress which leads to anxiety. In the meantime try to think of positive thoughts, remember you are doing your best. Please understand that even the best students freeze up on tests. I believe your daily work through out the school year is what really proves what a good student you are. Also remember if your grades are good the exams will only affect your overall grade a little bit. As long as you are learning, retaining the things you have learned you are okay. When my daughter was young she would be so hard on herself if she didnt get straight A's. Her hair even started to fall out. I had to sit down and talk to her and tell her it's ok if you get a B or a C as long as you are trying your best. I know all parents want to see their child do well in school but when this happened to my daughter is was not healthy for her. My concern at this point is how it was affecting her physically and emotionally. After we had our conversation several times she started to relax and her problems slowly faded. She was a very shy child so I think that did not help her issues either.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...