Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Terminology for shoulder clicking without pain due to exercise.

Looking for the terminology to explain my situation. Years ago, from healthy but not exercising went to regular exercise and experienced a rather loud clicking noise in my shoulder without any pain. A Doctor said it was normal or something to that effect and ignored it, and it went away a few days later. Just looking for the terminology to explain it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2014
hello and welcome

"crack" your knuckles The cracking or popping sound is thought to be caused by the gases rapidly coming out of solution of synovial fluid between the joints., allowing the capsule to stretch a little further. The stretching of the joint is soon thereafter limited by the length of the capsule

Thanks

|

replied November 20th, 2014
First this was in the shoulder and repeatedly clicked doing jumping jack exercises. It was very loud but there was no pain. Does not sound like the same as cracking my knuckles.
|
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.